Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Michael Lanzetta <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/01 06:31:13 UTC

[lang] Validate patch problems

I posted a message a while back about adding an "isInstanceOf()" method to Validate, and I've finally got around to doing so.  When trying to build a patch (using cvs diff -u <file>, as recommended by the jakarta website), it basically says the entire file is different.

I've done my development in Eclipse, but was very careful to avoid the "format" option.  I'm assuming this is probably some crlf issue, but using "Source->Convert Line Delimiters To->LF" doesn't help.  I know an eclipse forum might be more appropriate, but I'm assuming at least some of you develop in eclipse.  Any help you can give me resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Regards,
Mike Lanzetta