Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Barbisch, Martin" <ba...@sony.de> on 2002/09/19 15:25:39 UTC

Accessing my own Java classes from ECMAScript

Hello Batik users,

I know that it is possible to use the standard Java classes from within the
scripting part of an SVG file. E.g.:

  var url = new java.net.URL("file:///c:/somefile.txt");

The question now is: Is it possible to use selfmade classes? E.g.:

  var muc = new MyUsefulClass();

I already copied the 'MyUsefulClass.class' file to different directories and
set the CLASSPATH accordingly. Then I started Squiggle (with java -jar
batik.jar) and loaded the SVG file. Result: SVG Error: "MyUsefulClass" is
not defined.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Martin

Re: Accessing my own Java classes from ECMAScript

Posted by J Aaron Farr <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Check out the Mozilla Rhino project documentation, for example:

http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/scriptjava.html

might be some help.

Specifically, your javascript for your example would have to look like:

importPackage(Packages.MyUsefulClass);
var muc = new Packages.MyUsefulClass();

You _MUST_ use the "Packages." prefix for any java classes outside the normal
jdk libaries.

Hope this helps.
jaaron