Posted to builds@apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/12 02:01:12 UTC

Pushing stable SNAPSHOT's to VM

Hi Folks,
For a change this is a more general question rather than something specific
to Jenkins and a requirement on my behalf.
I'm looking to push a stable war (web archive) SNAPSHOT over SCP to a
recently created VM which resides at any23-vm.apache.org.
I wonder if there are any existing projects doing something similar and if
there is a job I can see which will expose the stages to getting this set
up e.g. an example post build step?
Greatly appreciated if anyone can post some info.
Best
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Pushing stable SNAPSHOT's to VM

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Lewis
Instead of pushing and requiring the build slaves to have the any23-vm
credentials why not pull from any23-vm when a new build artifact is
available? Would be pretty easy to script to check against the jenkins
api[1] for a new build then download and install any artifacts that where
created.

-Jake

1: https://builds.apache.org/job/Any23-trunk/api/json?pretty=true