Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by wicketworker <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 22:09:33 UTC

FeedBackPanel not rendering Messages

I have an ExceptionPage, in which i have a feedback panel, upon runtime
exception MyExceptionPage is getting invoked but the feedback messages are
not getting rendered. Below is what i have coded, could some one please take
a look at it whats wrong?

public class MyExceptionPage extends WebPage{

	public MyExceptionPage(RuntimeException e){
		Throwable cause = e;
		FeedbackPanel feedback = new FeedbackPanel("msgs");
		feedback.setOutputMarkupId(true);
		add(feedback);
		error("UnExpected error occured while processing your request ");
		error("Error Cause : " + cause);
		System.out.println(feedback.anyErrorMessage());

	}
}

Here is my Html Content.

Re: FeedBackPanel not rendering Messages

Posted by Andrew Lombardi <an...@mysticcoders.com>.
Grab the quickstart project here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk/wicket-quickstart

and put your code into it, then you can file a JIRA with the
quickstart, or send to list

On Feb 4, 2009, at 10:31 AM, wicketworker wrote:

> Thanks Igor. Could you please elaborate a bit more, i am new here.
>

> igor.vaynberg wrote:
>>
>> create a quickstart
>>
>> -igor
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:34 PM, wicketworker <si...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am using 1.3.4
>>>
>>> Something Strang is going on. The messages are getting rendered for
>>> Non-Ajax
>>> Requests. Problem seems to happen only for AjaxRequests.
>>>
>>> Here is the Feedback panel content for Ajax request:

>>> Here is the Non Ajax request:
>>> <ul>
>>>   <li class="feedbackPanelERROR">
>>>     UnExpected error occured while processing your request .
>>> Please Contact the Administrator
>>>   </li><li class="feedbackPanelERROR">
>>>     Error Cause : java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
>>>   </li>
>>> </ul>

To our success!

Mystic Coders, LLC | Code Magic | www.mysticcoders.com

ANDREW LOMBARDI | andrew@mysticcoders.com
2321 E 4th St. Ste C-128, Santa Ana CA 92705
ofc: 949-528-6480
fax: 714-782-6024
cell: 714-697-8046

Eco-Tip: Printing e-mails is usually a waste.

This message is for the named person's use only. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use,
  disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you
are not the intended recipient.

Re: FeedBackPanel not rendering Messages

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
Since you have:
feedback.setOutputMarkupId(true);
is it possible that some AJAX behaviour is clearing the messages before you
notice them?

Either way, the technique described at
http://wicket.apache.org/quickstart.html
is very simple, quick and useful.
You can make the simplest possible app that demonstrates the behaviour
you're describing, delete the target folder, zip everything up and send it
to the list so we can take a look at what's causing the problem.

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend

Posted by wicketworker <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.