Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Wadkin <j....@hud.ac.uk> on 2002/08/14 19:13:11 UTC

Building mod_jk on Solaris - Apache 2 & Tomcat 4.0.x

All

I'm trying to integrate Apache 2 and Tomcat 4.0.4 on Solaris, JDK 1.3. I've
been trying on and off for the past few months.

Having given up on building mod_webapp (despite help from the list) I'm now
trying to build mod_jk The build-unix.sh script in /jk/native/apache-2.0
doesn't work. The Galatea Flashguide instructions also don't work:

buildconf.sh
configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
make
make install

I've installed half the software GNU has produced :) - autoconf, automake...
I've also installed ant. I already had gcc installed. I've tried the various
instructions within the Tomcat 3.3 docs - no luck. I've tried
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.4 and jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01

Env variables are all set okay (AFAIK) but all this c stuff is meaningless
to me :)

Output from make:

/bin/sh /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=install cp
`pwd`/mod_jk.so
libtool: install: you must specify a destination
Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mod_jk.so'
Current working directory
/export/home/stsejw/update/conns/jk/native/apache-2.0
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Output from build-unix.sh:

/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -o mod_jk.so
-rpath /usr/local/apache2/modules -module -avoid-version -I../common
-I/usr/local/a
pache2/include/apr-util -I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris
mod_jk.lo jk_worker.lo jk_util.lo jk_uri_worker_map.lo jk_sockbuf.lo
jk_pool.lo
jk_nwmain.lo jk_msg_buff.lo jk_md5.lo jk_map.lo jk_lb_worker.lo
jk_jni_worker.lo jk_context.lo jk_connect.lo jk_ajp_common.lo
jk_ajp14_worker.lo jk_ajp14.
lo jk_ajp13_worker.lo jk_ajp13.lo jk_ajp12_worker.lo
socket                              jk_connect.lo
apr_date_parse_http                 mod_jk.lo
ap_os_escape_path                   mod_jk.lo
apr_palloc                          mod_jk.lo
ap_hook_translate_name              mod_jk.lo
ap_hook_handler                     mod_jk.lo
recv                                jk_sockbuf.lo
ap_rflush                           mod_jk.lo
ap_server_root_relative             mod_jk.lo
dlclose                             jk_jni_worker.lo  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
apr_table_setn                      mod_jk.lo
apr_pcalloc                         mod_jk.lo
ap_update_mtime                     mod_jk.lo
apr_table_add                       mod_jk.lo
ap_get_server_port                  mod_jk.lo
gethostbyname                       jk_connect.lo
apr_filename_of_pathname            mod_jk.lo
apr_pool_cleanup_register           mod_jk.lo
ap_get_server_version               mod_jk.lo
apr_pvsprintf                       mod_jk.lo
ap_hook_child_init                  mod_jk.lo
apr_sockaddr_port_get               mod_jk.lo
send                                jk_sockbuf.lo
ap_add_common_vars                  mod_jk.lo
apr_pstrdup                         mod_jk.lo
ap_setup_client_block               mod_jk.lo
setsockopt                          jk_connect.lo
ap_get_server_name                  mod_jk.lo
apr_table_overlay                   mod_jk.lo
ap_getword_conf                     mod_jk.lo
ap_add_version_component            mod_jk.lo
apr_table_set                       mod_jk.lo
inet_addr                           jk_connect.lo
apr_table_make                      mod_jk.lo
ap_log_error                        mod_jk.lo
ap_get_client_block                 mod_jk.lo
ap_should_client_block              mod_jk.lo
ap_content_type_tolower             mod_jk.lo
ap_get_remote_host                  mod_jk.lo
apr_table_get                       mod_jk.lo
ap_hook_post_config                 mod_jk.lo
dlsym                               jk_jni_worker.lo  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
ap_set_last_modified                mod_jk.lo
dlopen                              jk_jni_worker.lo  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
ap_rwrite                           mod_jk.lo
main
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/2.95.3/crt1.o
apr_pstrcat                         mod_jk.lo
apr_psprintf                        mod_jk.lo
dlerror                             jk_jni_worker.lo  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
ap_hook_map_to_storage              mod_jk.lo
connect                             jk_connect.lo
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mod_jk.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
.
Installing mod_jk.so into /usr/local/apache2/libexec
cp: cannot access mod_jk.so
Done. Install by running ./install-unix.sh

Thanks,

John