Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 13:13:17 UTC

Re: [BCEL] What is status of 6.0 release?

On 3 November 2015 at 20:18, Mark Roberts <ma...@cs.washington.edu> wrote:
> I was actively involved in helping with BCEL 6.0 - but everything seems to have gone dark for the last couple of months.
>
> So, what's going on?

I'm afraid that there has been no further work on the code.

I made good progress on removing the API breakage so BCEL can be
released as a drop-in replacement.
This is now almost complete; there's just the issue of how to handle
the methods added to interfaces.
Although in theory these don't affect the binary API, in practise this
is not true because the BCEL code could try to invoke the new method
only to find it had not been implemented by the existing user code.

However I got stuck on some of the new Java8 features.

I could not see how to implement StackMaps.

Also there is a problem with InvokeDynamic, see BCEL-221

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
PLEASE IGNORE THIS REPLY, SENT BY MISTAKE.

See the second version instead - thanks!