Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Niklas Matthies <ne...@nmhq.net> on 2020/07/22 16:57:18 UTC

Aliased font rendering in Override popup

Hi,

I noticed that in the popup menu that opens when clicking on the Java
override icons, the text is rendered without anti-aliasing. Here is a
small screenshot (the menu in the lower part):
https://www.nmhq.net/tmp/nbnoaa.png

This is on Windows with NetBeans 11.1. Can anyone confirm that
behavior? I tried to fiddle with the netbeans_default_options
(http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqFontRendering), but to no avail.

Niklas

RE: Aliased font rendering in Override popup

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.
Hmm, I wasn't able to reproduce this one--I get properly anti-aliased text in this popup on Windows 10.

But yeah, it's probably specific to that particular popup. Feel free to open an issue on JIRA.

(I don't think it's HiDPI-related. Rather, it's a thing that happens in various parts of the codebase, where components forget to set rendering hints on the Graphics2D object in the paintComponent method. Sometimes it doesn't lead to a visible difference, because another piece of the code already did it on the same Graphics2D object earlier, like in the property sheet value painters.)

-- Eirik

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.