Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nathan Eror <na...@baremetal.com> on 2003/05/08 02:15:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Yet another newb :-)

Hi,

  I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm trying to give somone
access to files that live outsite the DOCUMENT_ROOT.

 Right now I have something like:

 my $host = $ENV{'HTTP_HOST'};
$host =~ s/^www\.//;
@files = `ls /var/www/logs/$host.*`;
@fullpath = @files;

foreach my $fullpath(@fullpath) {
        my @path_parts = split '/', $fullpath;
        my $log = $path_parts[-1];

[Wed May  7 17:02:43 2003] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xxx] File does not
exist: /usr/home/jeanpaul/public_html/var/www/logs/somedomain.com.access_log

Is what I am trying to do even possible? if so any hints?

Thanks,
Nathan