Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sh...@cognizant.com on 2011/12/29 06:16:59 UTC

Debugging MR jobs using Eclipse

HI,

I want to debug my MR Job on Ubuntu machine using eclipse.

How can I do that, can anyone point me to the steps required?

Regards,

Shreya

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Debugging MR jobs using Eclipse

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
There are a few options. Most of the times, using logging and a LocalJobRunner turns out to be the easiest way. There is also Apache MRUnit you can use to test your M/R code (which is a much better approach, IMO) - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MRUNIT

Remote debugging of tasks is a fair bit tricker, and you'll spend more time setting that up and trying your luck than actually debugging that way :)