Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/03 15:42:40 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Request for review of proposed LUCENE/SOLR JIRA workflow change

I forgot to mention on this thread that the “In Progress” status, and the buttons to control that (“Start Progress”/“Stop Progress”) were removed from the LUCENE/SOLR workflow because:

a) Leaving the progress buttons caused the patch review buttons to be hidden; and
b) I thought the Progress stuff wasn’t really being used much by anybody.

(The discussion I had with Gavin McDonald about this apparently was only on Hipchat, so I can’t point people to it since they purposely don’t keep history.  I should have included that in the issue commentary.)

However, Andrzej Bialecki told me offline that he *did* use the Progress stuff.

So: should the Progress elements of the workflow be put back?  At a minimum, even if we don’t put the buttons back because of conflicts with the patch review buttons, we could re-instate the status and allow it to be set from the “More” menu or similar.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Don't use it, so I just ignored it.

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com>.
I think the user assignment state could be a reasonable proxy to working-on
for those that want to do that?

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <an...@lucidworks.com>.