Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2005/08/21 23:06:51 UTC

[FileUpload] JSR-168 support in 1.1-dev: can we get a release (plan)?

I'm working (as committer) on Jetspeed-2, Portals Bridges and Wicket (wicket.sf.net).
For all these projects I need to provide some form of JSR-168 based FileUpload.
Although I found the 1.1-dev release in cvs.apache.org/repository I'd rather see a real 1.1 release.
The current codebase hasn't been touched since December 2004 and although it might not be 100% fail prove,
a release simply based on the current codebase would be very much appreciated.
Reviewing the mailing lists (both dev and user) shows I'm not alone in this respect...
I've already seen some projects decide to pull in the code themselves instead of waiting for ever.
Could anyone from the FileUpload team please give an indication if, and hopefully when, we can expect something?
And if need be, I'm willing to help out where I can: just let me know.

With regards,

Ate Douma

Re: [FileUpload] JSR-168 support in 1.1-dev: can we get a release (plan)?

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Martin Cooper wrote:
> On 8/21/05, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
>
>>I'm working (as committer) on Jetspeed-2, Portals Bridges and Wicket (wicket.sf.net).
>>For all these projects I need to provide some form of JSR-168 based FileUpload.
>>Although I found the 1.1-dev release in cvs.apache.org/repository I'd rather see a real 1.1 release.
>>The current codebase hasn't been touched since December 2004 and although it might not be 100% fail prove,
>>a release simply based on the current codebase would be very much appreciated.
>>Reviewing the mailing lists (both dev and user) shows I'm not alone in this respect...
>>I've already seen some projects decide to pull in the code themselves instead of waiting for ever.
>>Could anyone from the FileUpload team please give an indication if, and hopefully when, we can expect something?
>

> FileUpload 1.1 depends on IO 1.1. I've tried to nudge the IO folks
> several times to get their 1.1 release done, but there always seem to
> be a few more things that need to be finished up and nobody to do the
> finishing, so that has never happened. That has rather dampened the
> enthusiasm I once had for getting FileUpload 1.1 finished and out the
> door...
Martin,

Thanks for the quick response.
What exactly is it you need from IO 1.1? I tested fileupload 1.1-dev with IO 1.0
without problems (so far). Also, the project.xml still denotes a 1.0 dependency on IO.

>>And if need be, I'm willing to help out where I can: just let me know.
>

> If you can help in any way to get IO 1.1 released, then I'll be glad
> to jump back in and finish off FileUpload 1.1 shortly thereafter.
Well, I see Henning already is pushing some buttons, but I'd first like to be sure a IO 1.1
is really needed.

Thanks,
Ate

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/05, Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/21/05, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
> > I'm working (as committer) on Jetspeed-2, Portals Bridges and Wicket (wicket.sf.net).
> > For all these projects I need to provide some form of JSR-168 based FileUpload.
> > Although I found the 1.1-dev release in cvs.apache.org/repository I'd rather see a real 1.1 release.
> > The current codebase hasn't been touched since December 2004 and although it might not be 100% fail prove,
> > a release simply based on the current codebase would be very much appreciated.
> > Reviewing the mailing lists (both dev and user) shows I'm not alone in this respect...
> > I've already seen some projects decide to pull in the code themselves instead of waiting for ever.
> > Could anyone from the FileUpload team please give an indication if, and hopefully when, we can expect something?
>
> FileUpload 1.1 depends on IO 1.1. I've tried to nudge the IO folks
> several times to get their 1.1 release done, but there always seem to
> be a few more things that need to be finished up and nobody to do the
> finishing, so that has never happened. That has rather dampened the
> enthusiasm I once had for getting FileUpload 1.1 finished and out the
> door...
>
> > And if need be, I'm willing to help out where I can: just let me know.
>
> If you can help in any way to get IO 1.1 released, then I'll be glad
> to jump back in and finish off FileUpload 1.1 shortly thereafter.

Ack. Let's make that happen. IO 1.1.

Easiest way; anything new that's not ready gets thrown overboard and
left til 1.2 :)

Hen

Re: [FileUpload] JSR-168 support in 1.1-dev: can we get a release (plan)?

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.