Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Adam Goodman <ad...@rad-solutions.demon.co.uk> on 2000/06/20 10:08:41 UTC

VIRUS ALERT: >> Fw: Life stages <<

Colleagues,

I received an email with
Subject: Fw: Life stages

and body:
> The male and female stages of life. Bye.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THIS FILE: DELETE THE EMAIL, THE ATTACHMENT APPEARS
TO BE A VIRUS.

I don't know if the message:

came onto the general list, or whether it was sent to individuals, but the
attachment is a Windoze VBA virus as far as I can tell.  Unusual extension
.SHS defines it as a "Scrap" file on my system and that rundll32 is the
shell to execute it in (I didn't try that! I looked at the text in notepad -
I can't be bothered to work out exactly what it does, but my money is on an
"I Love You" variant.)

Natalie Rooney, I fear your PC needs a cleanup!

Regards, Adam.