Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ajay Garg <aj...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/11 06:21:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Another "speed" question :)

Hi all.

In part of ongoing investigations, i am evaluating the methods to setup the
server side component of simple web-services, where there is a simple
transfer of data.

In this regard, I am considering the following two options ::

a)
Apache AXIS + SOAP

b)
Spache Tomcat + Servlets

Which, in general, has a lower memory footprint, and consumes lesser
resources in general?

Will be grateful for ideas :)

Ajay

Re: [users@httpd] Another "speed" question :)

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Ajay Garg <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> In part of ongoing investigations, i am evaluating the methods to setup the
> server side component of simple web-services, where there is a simple
> transfer of data.
>
> In this regard, I am considering the following two options ::
>
> a)
> Apache AXIS + SOAP
>
> b)
> Spache Tomcat + Servlets