Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kameshwar Jayaraman <Ka...@infravio.com> on 2002/11/23 00:31:48 UTC

Async Support

Hi folks,

What is the current stand of Axis to support Async support?

The one that is in the sample seems like a un-intutive way to get Async
messaging and the one in the proposal area sound like a good one.

Can some one tell me what is the future for the Async support and how
will it be used ?

Thanks

Kamesh

Re: Async Support

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
We're currently working on a multi-phase plan to roll out async support
based on the Internal Message Exchange prototype in the proposals area.
The first phase (which is complete) was to define the base interfaces
(located in org.apache.axis.ime and org.apache.axis.ime.events).  The
second phase is to transition all of the transports to use the new async
interfaces.  This is where we are currently.  After that, we'll move on to
make the providers and engines use the new interfaces and wrap up with
rolling out an async client API.  Still a work in progress... if you'd
like to help, let me know! I'm serving as the unofficial manager for this
part of the code.

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

"Kameshwar Jayaraman" <Ka...@infravio.com> wrote on 11/22/2002
03:31:48 PM: