Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Vivekanand V." <VV...@quark.co.in> on 2003/06/11 08:08:35 UTC

Can a Source and Destination DOMTree be same for a XSLT Transform ation.

Hi,

  I facing a problem where in we have some kind of a PlaceHolder concept
being represented in DOMTree. I want this PlaceHolders to be converted to
the actual values using a XSLT Transformation on the same DOMTree. But after
applying a XSLT the target DOMTree is different from the source. Is there
any way that we can specify that Target and Source DOMTree to be same for a
XSLT Transformation.

Thanks in advance
Vivekanand.

Re: Can a Source and Destination DOMTree be same for a XSLT Transform ation.

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

No.  The source tree in XSLT is immutable.

Dave

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Vivekanand V." |
|         |           <VVivekanand@qua|
|         |           rk.co.in>       |
|         |           06/10/2003 11:08|
|         |           PM              |
  |        To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org                                                                   |
  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)                                                           |
  |        Subject: Can a Source and Destination DOMTree be same for a XSLT Transform ation.                       |