Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@altair.com> on 2010/01/25 06:52:23 UTC

getVariableInfo API returns null

Hi,

I am using Apache ODE 1.3.3 and have deployed it on my JBOSS 4.2.3
Server.

I have created a Web Service client for the Process and Instance
Management API and am trying to get the info of the variables in my
process using getVariableInfo API.

I can access this API and get the correct result by using SOAP UI. But
by using Java WS Client code it is always null. I monitored the WS Call
and response using TCP Mon and I could see the correct response coming
back. But by the time it reaches back to the Java Code it is null.

TInstanceInfo instanceInfo = GetInstanceManagementPortType()

.getInstanceInfo(Long.parseLong(strProcessInstanceId));

                  String scopeId =
instanceInfo.getRootScope().getSiid();

                  TScopeInfo scopeInfo =
GetInstanceManagementPortType().getScopeInfo(Long.parseLong(scopeId));

                  //here varInfo is null

                  TVariableInfo varInfo =
GetInstanceManagementPortType().getVariableInfo(scopeInfo.getSiid(),strV
ariableName);

The code is as given above. Has anybody come across such a situation. Is
this a known Issue? I am creating the Webservice Client Stubs using JAX
WS.

Thanks & Regards

Dhanush Gopinath

Re: getVariableInfo API returns null

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@gmail.com>.
Did you try do send such request via soapui? If it works, you can
check out raw contents and compare it to soapui request.

On 28 January 2010 15:31, Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@altair.com> wrote:
> Any help?

Rafał Rusin
http://rrusin.blogspot.com