Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/23 19:10:30 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] DataSketches Java 1.0.0-incubating has been released!

### NEW COMPONENT! ###

Hello All,

1. The Apache DataSketches Java 1.0.0-incubating has been released!

    NOTE 1: This is the core Java component of the DataSketches library
that includes all the sketch algorithms in production-ready packages. These
sketches can be called directly from this component or used in conjunction
with the adaptor components such as Hadoop Pig, Hadoop Hive, or the
aggregator adaptors built into Apache Druid.

    NOTE 2: This release contains some critical performance improvements
and bug fixes for Apache Druid.

    NOTE 3: This release was based on Release Candidate RC2.

    Vote Thread Permalink:
    https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201909.mbox/
<CA%2BUaPnsrh6g_xs900jsc%2BoJffj6ouTWQWkG3pWyQO%2B%3DVQdsXPA%
40mail.gmail.com>
    There were four (+1) votes: Dave Fisher, Kevin Ratnasekera, Justin
Mclean, Furkan Kamaci.

2. Source repository:
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-java

    Git Tag for this release:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-java/tree/1.0.0-incubating-RC2
 on branch 1.0.X-incubating

3. Download, build, test and documentation:
   Note: at the time of code-freze for this release not all of the build
and test information had been incorporated into the README file.
   This will be corrected with the next release. It can be found in the
GitHub master branch:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-java/blob/master/README.md

Thank you to the IPMC members and community for taking the time to review
and
provide guidance on our release!

On behalf of the Apache DataSketches Community,

Lee
leerho@apache.org

=====
*Disclaimer*

Apache DataSketches (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at
The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator
PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a
further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and
decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with
other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not
necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code,
it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the
ASF.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] DataSketches Java 1.0.0-incubating has been released!

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Kenn,

This is exciting to hear!  We are eager to help with any questions or
issues you have with integration!

We found an unusual bug yesterday and I created a new release today that
fixes it as well as adds some new sketch capabilities.  I will be
documenting this new sketch on our website over the next few days.

PLEASE HELP US BY VOTING!  WE REALLY NEED YOUR VOTE!

Thanks,

Lee.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.