Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Regis CABARET <re...@yahoo.fr> on 2003/05/19 10:25:55 UTC

Unpack Apps

Hi there,

If I set up the virtual host with unpackWARS=true, does it mean I can just
drop a WAR file under webapps and have it automatically deployed when I
restart tomcat?
Is there anything special I have to do?

Thanks,

Regi

Re: Unpack Apps

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
That tells Tomcat to unpack your .war to a directory before deploying
it.  authodeploy="true" is the attribute you are interested in.  Tomat's
default setup is set up like this.  So, yes, your .war files will be
unpacked automatically.  Just note that if you define a <Context ...>
element in server.xml or a context configuration file (see admin.xml and
manager.xml), your .war file *won't* be unpacked.  You will have to unpack
it yourself.  Odd behavior, but that is the way it is.

Jake