Posted to builds@apache.org by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org> on 2017/10/04 15:38:36 UTC

Re: [osuosl-openpower] OpenPOWER OpenStack Software Upgrade - Wed, Oct 4th, 10am-1pm PDT (1700-2000 UTC)

Just a reminder that this upgrade will be happening in just under an hour
and a half. Wish me luck!

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson
Director

Re: [osuosl-openpower] OpenPOWER OpenStack Software Upgrade - Wed, Oct 4th, 10am-1pm PDT (1700-2000 UTC)

Posted by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org>.
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org> wrote:

> The upgrade is complete and everything seems to be running as expected.
> One thing to know if you're deploying using the Horizon web panel. The
> default setting for selecting the source will result in an error. I'm
> working on seeing how I can change that to the method that works, but in
> the mean time, please do the following:
>
> 1. Under "Source" Change "Volume Snapshot" to "Image"
> 2. Select "No" for "Create New Volume"
>
> This will launch an instance like we did before.

A minor update to the above:

​I deployed a fix for #1 above. Unfortunately I can't fix #2 until we
upgrade to Pike​.

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson
Director

Re: [osuosl-openpower] OpenPOWER OpenStack Software Upgrade - Wed, Oct 4th, 10am-1pm PDT (1700-2000 UTC)

Posted by Lance Albertson <la...@osuosl.org>.
The upgrade is complete and everything seems to be running as expected. One
thing to know if you're deploying using the Horizon web panel. The default
setting for selecting the source will result in an error. I'm working on
seeing how I can change that to the method that works, but in the mean
time, please do the following:

1. Under "Source" Change "Volume Snapshot" to "Image"
2. Select "No" for "Create New Volume"

This will launch an instance like we did before.

If there are any issues that might be related to the upgrade, please email
powerdev-request@osuosl.org with what you're experiencing.

We'll be working on upgrading to the Ocata in a few months to try and keep
up to date with the releases.

Thanks!