Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Riaz <br...@mum.edu> on 2008/04/09 21:28:28 UTC

RequestDispatcher throws Exception on server

Hi,

Here's my environment:

Eclipse Europa
Tomcat 6

I'm running a simple app that receives a request, and redirects to the
appropriate page depending on the request url. This works fine when I test
it on my local machine. But when I run it on the server an exception is
thrown at RequestDispatcher.forward(req, res) resulting in a white page.

StackTrace:
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet at Line:156
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service at Line:329
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile at Line:320
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service at Line:266
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service at Line:803
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter at Line:290
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter at Line:206
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke at Line:654
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest at Line:445
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward at Line:379
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward at Line:292
edu.cs.mum.applicant.Login.service at Line:55  **************************
this line in my code: dispatcher.forward(request, response);
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service at Line:803
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter at Line:290
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter at Line:206
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke at Line:233
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke at Line:175
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke at Line:128
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke at Line:102
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke at Line:109
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service at Line:263
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process at Line:844
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process at
Line:584 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run at Line:447
java.lang.Thread.run at Line:-1

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Bob

RE: RequestDispatcher throws Exception on server

Posted by Bob Riaz <br...@mum.edu>.
Sorry! No. Eclipse is on my local machine!

Server:
Windows Server 2003
Enterprise Edition
Service Pack 2