Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2007/02/07 04:12:36 UTC

SDO release?

As part of the recent flurry of release plans, there's been no
discussion of an SDO release. Is that something we should do?
--
Jeremy

Re: SDO release?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Feb 7, 2007, at 5:49 AM, Dan Murphy wrote:

> It would make good sense to...
> I've just started some migration of tuscany tests to the SDO CTS -
> would you envisage the SDO CTS having a seperate release or combining
> the two ?

I would think CTS would be a separate release. It's goal is to define
a set of tests for the SDO community and that by fiat is independent
of any one implementation.

> (my initial thought is to target an M1 for CTS later this month,
> pending some tests that Andy says he wants to contribute & the Tuscany
> tests that are implementaiton independent)

Waiting for things to show up can often take much longer than
anticipated - how about releasing what's ready (in CTS) now and doing
another when the new stuff has been integrated (early/often, releases
being cheap, yada) ?

--
Jeremy

Re: SDO release?

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
It would make good sense to...

Re: SDO release?

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Yes I think we should be releasing an M3 for Java SDO.  We've had quite a
bit of function in recently with ChangeSummary on DataObject, HelperContext,
and other 2.1 spec items. It would be good to make some headway with the set
of JIRAS that we currently have.  I can take a scan of them and produce some
thoughts on prioritisation for a release.  My guess is that we might be in
good shape for releasing in about 6 weeks time.

Kelvin.