Posted to users@camel.apache.org by fxthomas <fe...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/01 09:42:43 UTC

Suspend All routes & Resume incase of Business Exception

hello,

I wish to know which would be the best approach to Suspend and resume all
routes in the context . I saw the route policy approach but it is linked to
each route. I want a Global Context policy in which I can suspend route and
resume also .

For example if there is a DB failure all routes should suspend and my custom
code will listen for the connections being active and resume the routes
again.

Re: Suspend All routes & Resume incase of Business Exception

Posted by fxthomas <fe...@gmail.com>.
So you are suggesting I stop each route one by one and resume it also similar
fashion .

If multiple share the same process, do you think there could be issue of a
similar (Stop) thread getting called in respective routes ?  Since the logic
will be defined in all routes.

Re: Suspend All routes & Resume incase of Business Exception

Posted by Marco Westermann <Ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

you may have a look here
http://camel.apache.org/how-can-i-stop-a-route-from-a-route.html where
is described how you can start / stop routes from routes.

regards Marco

Posted by fxthomas <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the Tip

Re: Suspend All routes & Resume incase of Business Exception

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can call suspend/resume on CamelContext that will suspend/resume
all the routes.

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:42 AM, fxthomas <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I wish to know which would be the best approach to Suspend and resume all
> routes in the context . I saw the route policy approach but it is linked to
> each route. I want a Global Context policy in which I can suspend route and
> resume also .
>
> For example if there is a DB failure all routes should suspend and my custom
> code will listen for the connections being active and resume the routes
> again.

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus