Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ham MI-AJ, Oliver Misch" <ol...@Kuehne-Nagel.com> on 2007/07/13 12:29:50 UTC

Centralized handling of RuntimeExceptions

Hi,

Is there a way to handle RuntimeExceptions that are raised during the
execution of web services in a centralized way on the server side? When
our services propagate RuntimeExceptions, we would like to catch them -
may be in a special exception handler - log them and raise an AxisFault
with a certain code and description. I know that RuntimeExceptions are
caught somewhere in Axis2 and are wrapped by a standard AxisFault. But
we would like to specify our one codes and do te logging. E.g. when
using servlets, I would implement a special servlet filter that acts as
a central exception handler.

Thanx in advance and best regards,
Oliver