Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/12/07 01:01:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.3.1

The release candidate is located in the Apache Nexus Staging repository, here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-061/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-059/>

The source-release zip file is located here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-061/org/apache/uima/uimaj/2.3.1/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-059/org/apache/uima/uimaj/2.3.1/>

The binary zip and tar files are located here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-061/org/apache/uima/uimaj-distr/2.3.1/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-059/org/apache/uima/uimaj-distr/2.3.1/>

The list of issues fixed is included in the source and binary distributions in
the uimaj-distr project in the top level directory "issuesFixed"; this list
includes "Closed/Fixed" and "Resolved/Fixed" issues.

This is the first release as a top level project; there are many issues
addressed, including removing incubator-related disclaimers.

The Eclipse update-site for these components is here:
http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-sdk-2.3.1-rc1-eclipse-update-site/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Eschor/uima-release-candidates/uimaj-sdk-2.3.1-rc1-eclipse-update-site/>

Note: only the 2.3.1 jars are populated, please test that.

Please inspect these artifacts, see if you can build from source-release.zip
(above), and verify the license/notice files, then vote

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not ok to release, because ...

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.3.1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1 to release.  Built from sources after clearing maven repo, checked license /
notice, and installed eclipse plugins into new 3.6.1 eclipse instance, and tried
a few tools - all OK.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 12/7/2010 12:17 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [x] +1 OK to release
>
> Builds and tests nicely (SHA1:
> f8d286c34e4c46cf871063566ae2fa2ee846cd6b). Kudos for the simplified
> build setup!

Thanks :-)  -Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The note below shows near duplicates for the URLs - which I didn't type...

I typed just the top one... So something in my email client made the 2nd one.

Don't use the 2nd one - that's from an earlier attempt at a release candidate...

The right one to use is the one ending in -061 .

Sorry for the bad note...  -Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I've posted a Jira for RAT (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-81). -Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Thilo Götz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Thilo Götz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release

Jörn

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marshall,

+1 OK to release.

Built from sources and testing --  all OK.

-- Tong

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marshall,

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Dear PMCers,

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.3.1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Amended:  One additional committer voted +1 to release:

+1 Jörn Kottmann

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.