Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Aurélien Pernoud <ap...@sopragroup.com> on 2002/02/13 15:24:34 UTC

_showtitlebar little bug in 1.3a3-dev

I've searched the bugzilla database and the mailing-list archive but didn't
see anything about this...

I'm using the "_showtitlebar" parameter, it works fine, except in this case
:

- Create a new pane
- Add a portlet with the showtitlebar=false parameter
- Choose the "Tab Pane" layout
(this may seem weird but can be useful to mix portlets and pane)
- Click "Apply"

You can see that the title is here, but so are the controls !

So now if you maximize this portlet you won't be able to get back by an
"usual" way (you can get back by clicking customize html...), because the
controls aren't displayed anymore.

While I'm posting I'm also warning you of "minor" bugs I've found :

- You have issues if you name a portlet with a number and try to customize
this portlet... It customizes the pane that is identified by this number.
(Although I saw you're implementing a "&container=" that may not be
finished... and is different between the pane and the portlet)

- You can't have two panes with the same name except if they're in separates
pane.
(I mean for example if you create a user with only two panes, use tab pane
layout, create a second pane named "Home" too, and apply it, you'll see the
issue)

Hope I was right posting here instead of dev... ?

Aurélien.

Re: _showtitlebar little bug in 1.3a3-dev

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Aurélien

Aurélien Pernoud wrote:

> I've searched the bugzilla database and the mailing-list archive but didn't
> see anything about this...
>
> I'm using the "_showtitlebar" parameter, it works fine, except in this case
> :
>
> - Create a new pane
> - Add a portlet with the showtitlebar=false parameter
> - Choose the "Tab Pane" layout
> (this may seem weird but can be useful to mix portlets and pane)
> - Click "Apply"
>
> You can see that the title is here, but so are the controls !

Good direction! I as able to recreate the problem.  Yes this seems
weird, and I agree you should be able to have a portlet next to a tabbed
pane.  That is not what is being configured here.  The steps configure a
portlet where their should be a pane.  The "TabControl" should NOT
contain a portlet.

Below is the PSML generated by the customizer.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlets xmlns="http://www.apache.org/2000/02/CVS">
     <controller name="TabController"/>
     <control name="TabControl"/>
     <skin name="orange-red"/>
     <metainfo>
         <title>Default Jetspeed page</title>
     </metainfo>
     <portlets>
         <controller name="TabController"/>
         <control name="TabControl"/>
         <metainfo>
             <title>test</title>
         </metainfo>
         <entry parent="LoggedInWelcome"/>
     </portlets>
</portlets>

Please enter this in bugzilla

> So now if you maximize this portlet you won't be able to get back by an
> "usual" way (you can get back by clicking customize html...), because the
> controls aren't displayed anymore.
>
> While I'm posting I'm also warning you of "minor" bugs I've found :
>
> - You have issues if you name a portlet with a number and try to customize
> this portlet... It customizes the pane that is identified by this number.
> (Although I saw you're implementing a "&container=" that may not be
> finished... and is different between the pane and the portlet)

Looks like a bug, please enter in bugzilla

> - You can't have two panes with the same name except if they're in separates
> pane.
> (I mean for example if you create a user with only two panes, use tab pane
> layout, create a second pane named "Home" too, and apply it, you'll see the
> issue)

Looks like a bug, please enter in bugzilla

> Hope I was right posting here instead of dev... ?

Yes, this is the correct place.