Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Uday Subbarayan <ud...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/15 15:11:31 UTC

iBATIS + HTTP Connector

Hi All,
    I have a data store which exposes REST(http) interface and I would like to use iBATIS as my client. I would like to add this http connector to iBATIS.

Can some one shed some light for me to get started? I will work with you all, to put back to this community in the future.

Thanks,
Uday.

-------------------------

I do not blog but e-write:

http://uds-web.blogspot.com

Re: iBATIS + HTTP Connector

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
The best way to do it is to create a Jira ticket and attach a ZIP file with
the source and documentation.
Interestingly, I demoed something similar (or so it sounds) a couple years
ago.  iBATIS does map very well to REST or any web services and/or AJAX
apps.  I had a thought a while back of creating JavaScript libraries and a
Servlet connector to make writing "Java-less" apps possible.  I think I
still have it lying around in one of my SVN repositories.

I look forward to seeing your take on it.  Possibly something we can
advertise as a plug-in/add-on for iBATIS 3.

Cheers,
Clinton