Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Radha Wadhera <wa...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/16 14:11:55 UTC

Regarding static column added in compact tables through Cassandra-stress tool

Hi,

I have Cassandra 3.11 installed on my setup.* I used the Cassandra-stress
tool to create data for my cluster.*

*# cassandra-stress write n=800 -log file=/tmp/1 level=verbose -mode native
cql3 user=cassandra password=cassandra -node nodeip*
I saw that two tables were created "counter1 and standard1".
*The "counter1" table had no data and also was created with the following
configuration:*

CREATE TABLE keyspace1.counter1 (

    key blob,

    column1 text,

    *"C0" counter static,*

*    "C1" counter static,*

*    "C2" counter static,*

*    "C3" counter static,*

*    "C4" counter static*,

    value counter,

    PRIMARY KEY (key, column1)

) *WITH COMPACT STORAGE*

    AND CLUSTERING ORDER BY (column1 ASC)

    AND bloom_filter_fp_chance = 0.01

    AND caching = {'keys': 'ALL', 'rows_per_partition': 'NONE'}

    AND comment = ''

    AND compaction = {'class':
'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy',
'max_threshold': '32', 'min_threshold': '4'}

    AND compression = {'enabled': 'false'}

    AND crc_check_chance = 1.0

    AND dclocal_read_repair_chance = 0.1

    AND default_time_to_live = 0

    AND gc_grace_seconds = 864000

    AND max_index_interval = 2048

    AND memtable_flush_period_in_ms = 0

    AND min_index_interval = 128

    AND read_repair_chance = 0.0

    AND speculative_retry = '99PERCENTILE';

*Now if I try to create a similar schema manually with above-mentioned
schema, I get the following error. *InvalidRequest: Error from server:
code=2200 [Invalid query] message="*Static columns are not supported in
COMPACT STORAGE tables*"

I further read more about this error and found that *static columns cannot
be used with COMPACT STORAGE tables*.
Here is the documentation for the same :

   1.
   https://docs.datastax.com/en/cql-oss/3.3/cql/cql_using/useCompactStorage.html
   2. https://programmersought.com/article/81431553936/

*If the above configuration is not supported schema then can you please let
me know how the "Cassandra-stress" tool is able to create a table with not
supported schema configuration?*

*Any help will be much appreciated.*

Regards
Radha Wadhera

Re: Regarding static column added in compact tables through Cassandra-stress tool

Posted by Radha Wadhera <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Benjamin.

I have raise JIRA ticket :

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org>.