Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rob Oxspring <ro...@apache.org> on 2002/08/28 12:22:30 UTC

Newsletter - Request for content

Hi all,

We're fast approaching the end of the month and so its time for me to start gathering news for the August issue of the newsletter.
I've copied those that submitted content last month in the hope that they will either submit something again, or try to persuade
someone else to take over for now.

If anybody else fancies doing a write up of August's progress in some Jakarta / Jakarta-Commons project it then please send it in -
especially for those projects that haven't been included at all so far.  For a clue on styles inspiration you can review previous
months entries at http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news/.

Anyway, down to business:
Submissions sent to me by midnight Sunday 1-Sep-2002.
Drafts will be posted on Monday and Tuesday as needed for alterations and last minuters.
Final copy sent out on announcements@jakarta.apache.org midday 4-Sep-2002
All times GMT.

Finally - a quick apology to Otis again for losing the Lucene section last month.  I'll be keeping much tighter control of things
this month.  As I discussed privately with him this can be resolved one of three ways, and the same options can be applied for any
late entries - i.e. Jetspeed IIRC - unless someone persuades me otherwise:
1) Put the submission into last months issue and mention it as errata this time around.
2) Edit together a two month summary from this and last months submissions.
3) Use it as this months submission
Options are listed in my preference order but I'll decide based on what arrives in my inbox.

Thanks in advance,

Rob