Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2017/08/30 10:26:12 UTC

Sling Content Distribution: how to use "in-file" queue provider

this presentation [1] mentions that it's possible to switch the Sling Content Distribution from using a Sling Jobs-based queue to an "in-file" or "in-memory" queue which is much faster.

but i've not found any hint in the documentation what steps are needed to switch to this queue. can you give some hints?

is it recommended to use this alternative queue in production (if the possible loss of some events up to the last checkpoint is acceptable)? is this the implementation of it [2]? the javadoc states "queue not persisted on the repository and therefore not usable for production."

stefan

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/ddc/en/gems/Troubleshooting-Sling-Content-Distribution.html
[2] https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/contrib/extensions/distribution/core/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/distribution/queue/impl/simple/SimpleDistributionQueue.java

RE: Sling Content Distribution: how to use "in-file" queue provider

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
thanks for the response! - we will keep this in mind.

stefan

Posted by Timothee Maret <tm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/contrib/extensions/distribution/core/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/distribution/queue/impl/simple/SimpleDistributionQueueCheckpoint.java