Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sumit4dreams <su...@wipro.com> on 2009/07/02 11:19:33 UTC

how to embed Asian font while genrating PDF using FOP??

I have been trying to embed Asian font while genrating PDF using FOP. I am
not able to get a break through in this. I need a help as to how to
configure the whole thing like-
1) Where to keep my metric file,
2) i have created a fop.xconf file which has the following data
<renderers>
    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
    <fonts>

	</fonts>
    </renderer>
</renderers>

3) the arialuni.ttf font is placed in my directory
D:/HEAD/applications/promo/font/
and the metric file is placed in D:/HEAD/applications/proj/config/

4) In my java code i have the following code
      FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance();
      FOUserAgent userAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();
      File userConfigXml = new
File("D:/HEAD/applications/promo/config/fop.xconf");

      fopFactory.setUserConfig(userConfigXml);
      fopFactory.setFontBaseURL("D:/HEAD/applications/proj/font/");

      TransformerFactory transformerFactory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();
      File copyrightFile = new File(fileUpLoadTempDir +
copyrightPdfFileName);
      outputStream = new FileOutputStream(copyrightFile);
      outputStream = new BufferedOutputStream(outputStream);
      Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, userAgent,
outputStream);
      Transformer transformer = transformerFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(xslSource));
      Source src = new DOMSource(copyrightDom);
      Result res = new SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());
      transformer.transform(src, res);

This is all i have done till now. I am trying to call the fop.xconf file
from my java code.
Still i am getting # for the Asian Character.
Definitly i am missing somethign or the whole process should not be done
this way.
Please some one help me out to resolve this.
Thankyou

Regards
Sumit