Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Zeitlin <mz...@bondisoftware.com> on 2001/02/05 18:23:36 UTC

problem with hidden tag

Hey,

	I am trying to pass an arraylist using the hidden tag, but keep getting an
error when the form is populated from the request.  Here is my declaration:

<form:form action="FeatureCode.do" name="featureCodeForm"
type="appl.form.FeatureCodeForm" scope="request">
<form:hidden property="featureCodeList"/>

But, every time I run I get this error:

	java.lang.IllegalArgrment Exception: argument type mismatch

Any help would be appreciated,

Michael Zeitlin

Re: Why is source code in the struts binary

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Robert Leland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have always wondered why struts source code is in
> the binary release ? Is this used as documentation ?
>
> -Rob

Three primary reasons:

* As a reminder that this is open source -- you don't have to
  rely on just the JAR files and documentation.

* In case you have a question about how a particular tag
  or other function is implemented, you can look and see
  without having to download the source distribution.

* In many cases, classes in struts.jar are designed to be
  subclassed so you can customize their behavior.  This is
  much easier if you can see the actual source, not just the
  Javadocs.

Craig

Why is source code in the struts binary

Posted by Robert Leland <Ro...@free2create.org>.
Hi,

Re: IncompatibleClassChange Error

Posted by Josh Hill <jh...@appliedtheory.com>.
You get this problem when one of your class files is compiled vs a
different library than you are running with. Make sure you are compiling
with the same classpath as you are running with. I had problems like this
for awhile so I wrote a script to pass ant the classpath taken from my lib
folder of my webapp. Its short so i just copy-pasted it here in case anyone
wants it. Also you might try doing a clean rebuild(that is delete all the
class files and recompile everthing) sometimes dependent classfiles don't
get recompiled causing this problem.

#!/bin/sh

CP=
for file in `ls lib`