Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjay Vivek <Sa...@newcastle.ac.uk> on 2008/06/17 17:55:24 UTC

WSSE security headers not being send by client.

Hi everyone,

I've been working with Rampart 1.3 for a while now and decided to move
on to Rampart 1.4 by working with the tutorial at
http://wso2.org/library/3190. However, when I try to call the service
with the sample client provided with the tutorial, I get the following
exceptions:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: SOAP header
missing
	at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java
:512)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(Out
InAxisOperation.java:370)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:416)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInA
xisOperation.java:228)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163
)
	at
tutorial.rampart.client.SecureServiceStub.add(SecureServiceStub.java:187
)
	at
tutorial.rampart.client.SecureServiceCGClient.main(SecureServiceCGClient
.java:39)

And looking at the TCPMON logs, the WSSE security headers are missing in
the SOAP request message as shown below:

 <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
      <soapenv:Body>
         <ns1:add xmlns:ns1="http://service.rampart.tutorial">
            <ns1:a>3</ns1:a>
            <ns1:b>4</ns1:b>
         </ns1:add>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

Rampart is engaged on the client side so the WSSE security headers
really should be in the SOAP request message. Any pointers on how I can
rectify this will be most welcome. Cheers.

Regards
Sanjay Vivek
Web Analyst
Middleware Team