Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/07/10 04:59:37 UTC

[ACS42] Three weeks to code freeze

Folks

We are now just 3 weeks from ACS 4.2 code freeze on 7/29. We have around 400 open defects with 100+ blockers and critical and I expect another 200 new defects to come in. As a community we have been fixing roughly 100 defects per week, in order to clear up our backlog I request you to help out on aggressively fixing the issues. The unassigned issue list is available at http://s.apache.org/BlH/. When you fix a bug in 4.2 please make sure it is also fixed in master.

Given the debate on system template changes in last few days of 4.1 requiring big testing effort and potential regression, I would like to see that as community we lock down system templates for 4.2 pretty soon. If any changes are needed we should call it out now and get them resolved.

The detailed bug status is captured below.

  Bugs            | This Week                            | Last Week
 -----------------+-----------+----------+-------+-------+-----------+----------+-------+-------
                  |   Blocker   Critical   Major   Total |   Blocker   Critical   Major   Total
 -----------------+-----------+----------+-------+-------+-----------+----------+-------+-------
  Incoming        |         8         10      28      50 |        11         34      24      72
  Outgoing        |        26         23      34      86 |        26         30      40     100
  Open Unassigned |         7         49     129     222 |         6         49     119     184
  Open Total      |        25         84     232     403 |        25         80     218     385

The status for features or improvement is depicted in table below

|-----------------------------+-----------+-----------|
| New Features / Improvements | Today     | Last Week |
|-----------------------------+-----------+-----------|
| Closed                      |        10 |        10 |
| Resolved                    |        59 |        57 |
| In Progress                 |        11 |        13 |
| Reopened                    |         1 |         1 |
| Ready To Review             |         1 |         1 |
| Open                        |        20 |        20 |
|-----------------------------+-----------+-----------|
| Total                       |       102 |       102 |
|-----------------------------+-----------+-----------|

Only few feature tickets were updates since I sent out the Open and In progress item list. If your contribution did not make it to 4.2 please take it out from 4.2

There is some improvement in verifying and closing the resolved issues compared from last week but is still hovering close to 500. Please check Sudha's email from yesterday http://s.apache.org/mzj and help close out resolved issues.

Thanks
Animesh

Re: [ACS42] Three weeks to code freeze

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
You are right Abhi.
Enable RPS/RFS (CLOUDSTACK-2433) changes doesn't involve template changes.

Thanks,
jayapal

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <cl...@aprateek.com>.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
There is one thing need attention:

Would involve lock mechanism improvement in the VR which has potential big
impact. I am planning to check-in the improvement soon(likely this weekend).

--Sheng