Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Andreas Loew <An...@sun.com> on 2005/12/13 20:49:46 UTC

Does anybody have a look into new issues (re: XMLBEANS-228, created on 11/23/05)?

Hi XMLBeans development team,

on November 23rd, 2005, I have created a new major issue about
substitution groups:

     http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-228

The issue did not only contain an exact description of the problem, but
also a JUnit test case to show the problem and a patch which indeed
already fixes the issue, although currently at the cost of performance
(I am simply not familiar enough with XMLBeans internals to know how to
do it optimally in terms of performance).

As (at least from my point of view) I have done everything in my power
in order to make "your" job as easy as possible, I am somewhat
disappointed that no further action seems to have happened since then.

So my question is: Is there currently anybody looking at new issues at
all? Can I do anything else to support you looking into my issue?

As my current customer also has a WLS 8.1 support contract:
Would it help opening a WLS support case with BEA on this issue (I did
not do this so far, because we are using Apache XMLBeans 2.0 from WLS
8.1 instead of the "officially supported" XMLBeans 1.0 version as
included with WLS...)?

Many thanks in advance for any information how to proceed and get our
issue being worked on...

Best regards,

Andreas

--
Andreas Loew
Java Architect

Fwd: Does anybody have a look into new issues (re: XMLBEANS-228, created on 11/23/05)?

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
Can someone get back to this person?  It's been six days since asking
for help the second time and almost four weeks since the bug was
filed.  This seems unusually unresponsive for xmlbeans.

(yes - I realize that I'm a committer too, but I'm probably not the
best person to address this...)

Cliff