Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Charles Randall <cr...@matchlogic.com> on 1998/03/31 13:29:37 UTC

Win32: mod_userdir.c and ab.c

In an initial effort to work on the Win32 port, I'm looking
at making mod_userdir.c minimally functional.

I've attached a test program (homedir.c) which needs to be
linked with netapi32.lib (NT Only).

I plan on using this code as a starting point for making
mod_userdir work with local NT accounts only. That's a start.

Additionally, has anyone modified ab.c (ApacheBench)
for Win32? If not, any suggestions for local load generation
on Win32?

Charles
crandall@matchlogic.com

Re: Win32: mod_userdir.c and ab.c

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Charles Randall wrote:

> In an initial effort to work on the Win32 port, I'm looking
> at making mod_userdir.c minimally functional.

It is minimally functional now, it just doesn't handle user home
directories.  It still does hard mappings between ~user and eg. /home/*/.

> I've attached a test program (homedir.c) which needs to be
> linked with netapi32.lib (NT Only).
>
> I plan on using this code as a starting point for making
> mod_userdir work with local NT accounts only. That's a start.

Mmm.  There is a problem with NT-specific stuff because we don't want to
have two binaries unless absolutely necessary.

> Additionally, has anyone modified ab.c (ApacheBench)
> for Win32? If not, any suggestions for local load generation
> on Win32?

Don't even bother thinking about ab as far as I am concerned.  It would be
quicker to write your own.

You could use ziff-davis's webbench (http://www.zdbop.com/), although it
isn't the greatest for running on one machine but it is still possible.
Has a pretty GUI though.