Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ufuk Celebi <u....@fu-berlin.de> on 2014/07/16 11:48:41 UTC

User feedback from Technical University

Hey all,

there was a project course at Technical University here in Berlin, where the users had to implement various ML algorithms in Flink. The following is a list of what the users provided as feedback:

1) Collection fields in tuples (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-610)

Two groups ran into this problem and worked around it with a manual String encoding. :(

2) Data sinks in iterations (there is an issue for this, but I couldn't find it at the moment)

3) First(n) operator (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-970)

4) For loop with incremental rollout (as in Spark) is more intuitive that our iterate operators

---

I think [~aalexandrov] also took some notes.

Best,

Ufuk