Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Simon Cooper <si...@featurespace.co.uk> on 2016/05/11 16:13:19 UTC

New supervisor & topology scheduling

When a new supervisor is added to a cluster, does the scheduler get called to reschedule topologies onto the new supervisor?

Using the default scheduler, this doesn’t happen (topologies stay where they are), but I’m not sure if this is due to nimbus not calling the scheduler or the scheduler deciding not to move the existing topologies.

Will a custom scheduler be able to shuffle topologies round when a supervisor is added to an existing cluster?

Thanks,
SimonC
This message, and any files/attachments transmitted together with it, is intended for the use only of the person (or persons) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is confidential and/or protected by legal privilege. Accordingly, any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message, or any part of it or anything sent together with it, other than by intended recipients, may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is hereby prohibited. Unless otherwise stated, any views expressed in this message are those of the person sending it and not the sender's employer. No responsibility, legal or otherwise, of whatever nature, is accepted as to the accuracy of the contents of this message or for the completeness of the message as received. Anyone who is not the intended recipient of this message is advised to make no use of it and is requested to contact Featurespace Limited as soon as possible. Any recipient of this message who has knowledge or suspects that it may have been the subject of unauthorised interception or alteration is also requested to contact Featurespace Limited.

RE: New supervisor & topology scheduling

Posted by Simon Cooper <si...@featurespace.co.uk>.
Ah, so the scheduler does get called when a new supervisor gets added, and it’s only the default scheduler that chooses to not reschedule running topologies.

Thanks for the clarification
SimonC

Default scheduler  will only use the new supervisor  on doing storm rebalance command on the topology .

In case of custom scheduler the logic may pause previous workers for some time and re-schedule it to supervisor  on new VM without using re-balance . (depends on the logic itself .)

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anshu Shukla

Re: New supervisor & topology scheduling

Posted by anshu shukla <an...@gmail.com>.