Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Benda <be...@bendis.cz> on 2009/01/21 12:08:45 UTC

WICKET-1970: a major performance issue

Hi all!

The recently added feature WICKET-1917 "Automatically Load CSS files
based on name matching" causes a major performance issues for one of our
applications. The application constructs pages with hundreds of
Components and for every single component the ResourceStreamLocator
looks up the same CSS and JS resources over and over again.

Maybe, if the ResourceStreamLocator would cache the results, the
performance impact would not be so high... But I would prefer if the
framework would not perform such hidden and "automagical" functionality
by default. A developer knows better when he wants to load a resource
for his component.

Regards,
Bendis

Re: WICKET-1970: a major performance issue

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.
Especially since implementing it in BasePage or BasePanel is really
simple. I agree. I'll do.

Juergen

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: WICKET-1917: a major performance issue

Posted by Peter Ertl <pe...@gmx.org>.
I personally prefer to leave out this kind of (black) magic at all.
Also static html previews will be wrong.

Implementing language specific resource loading is no rocket science
and can be easily rolled out on your own.

Only my 2 percent

Posted by Martin Benda <be...@bendis.cz>.