Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andrea Bencini <an...@tin.it> on 2008/02/20 09:10:09 UTC

bounces

I received from user-help@spamassassin.apache.org this e-mail:

message I received.

I will remove your address from the users mailing list,
without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the users mailing list have
bounced from your address.
etc...........
have been bouncing".
What do I have to do to resolve the problem?

Andrea

RE: bounces

Posted by Robert - elists <li...@abbacomm.net>.
> but I don't send "messages to you from the users mailing list seem to
> have been bouncing".
> What do I have to do to resolve the problem?
>
> Andrea

Andrea

If you are using SA on your mail server, make sure that you whitelist all
the lists that you are subscribed to... sometimes they will be scored as
spam and rejected, depending on your setups of course

One way is to put something like these in your local.cf

        whitelist_from_spf *@spamassassin.apache.org
        whitelist_from_rcvd *@spamassassin.apache.org apache.org

then

spamassassin --lint

and restart spamassassin if no errors...

this may not be the only reason why you are seeing those messages, this is
just one possible solution.

 - rh

Re: bounces

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> but I don't send "messages to you from the users mailing list seem to
> have been bouncing".
> What do I have to do to resolve the problem?

You misunderstand.  You are signed up to receive messages from this mailing
list.  The mailing list demon has attempted to send messages FROM the list
TO you.  Some of those messages, for whatever reason, bounced.

The demon was nice and sent you a message telling you that some messages had
bounced.  Since you received that message, whatever had been blocking the
messages previously may have been cleared up.

At this point there is nothing you NEED to do.  However, you may wish to
investigate and see if there is something on your end that could have
blocked reception of some messages from the list and caused them to bounce.
If enough messages bounce you will be automatically unsubscribed from the
list.

If you receive mail through Earthlink, getting this sort of message from
mailing lists is very common, since they seem to arbitrarily reject random
messages to all users every now and then.

        Loren