Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashu Jaiswal <Aj...@contata.com> on 2004/06/10 20:57:09 UTC

Struts scalability and benchmarking

Hi,
Just wondering if there have been any scalability and benchmarking
studies done on struts. I am trying to figure out if struts would scale
out well if the number of users in a system grew rapidly, starting from
a small user base.

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions or pointers.

thanks,
Ashu

Re: Struts scalability and benchmarking

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
Personally, I think this would be more a function of
(1) the application server/container that you are using
(Tomcat/JBoss/WAS/...) and

(2) the hardware/clustering etc.

Also, you need to do some additional analysis on expected number of
users, estimate how much data will be held in the session, what database
you are using, blah blah