Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/23 15:23:09 UTC

Location of ECCN controlled source

Just happened to notice that Pirk quote the following URL

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pirk/

as one of its Controlled sources in the file

https://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

This seems wrong:
- dist.a.o is not intended for public use;
- the directory normally contains more than just source
- anyway the directory does not exist.

What needs to be done about this (if anything)?

Re: Location of ECCN controlled source

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Nothing we release ever goes away.

http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/pirk/

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
ECCN-wise any making available on the Internet of controlled source code
counts, regardless of our internal release policy.

Perhaps it is a good idea to use the archive URIs for all entries? The idea
is that the authorities can find the source code for their own inspection,
not that we list every possible URL variant, automated snapshot builds or
mirrors accessible by users.

In theory the ECCN report should be sent before the code is even committed
in the first places (I know!) - obviously this is tricky for incubator
podlings who import existing code bases.

I think at point of retiring and graduation there should be a check to tidy
any ECCN entries by the IPMC (retiring) or new PMC (graduation).

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.