Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2012/03/05 14:41:57 UTC

Board report draft for March 2012

Hi,

We have to report at until Wednesday, find my suggested report below.

I have more time to work on DeviceMap now, hoping to come up soon with
some prototypes of what we discussed so far - will discuss those here.

*** board report draft

Apache DeviceMap is a data repository containing device information,
images and other relevant information for all sorts of mobile devices,
e.g. smartphones and tablets.

Entered incubation on January 3rd, 2012.

The project is starting slowly, initial technical goals are being
discussed and we hope to have our first mobile device data collection
prototypes soon.

Analyzing apache.org requests coming from mobile devices might help us
gather the data that we need, we'll get in touch with infrastructure
about this once we have precise requirements.

There are no issues that require the Incubator PMC's or the board's attention.

Signed off by mentor:

*** board report draft

-Bertrand

Re: Board report draft for March 2012

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

ok thanks, report added to http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2012

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 5, 2012, at 8:41 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have to report at until Wednesday, find my suggested report below.
>
> I have more time to work on DeviceMap now, hoping to come up soon with
> some prototypes of what we discussed so far - will discuss those here.
>
> *** board report draft
>
> Apache DeviceMap is a data repository containing device information,
> images and other relevant information for all sorts of mobile devices,
> e.g. smartphones and tablets.
>
> Entered incubation on January 3rd, 2012.
>
> The project is starting slowly, initial technical goals are being
> discussed and we hope to have our first mobile device data collection
> prototypes soon.
>
> Analyzing apache.org requests coming from mobile devices might help us
> gather the data that we need, we'll get in touch with infrastructure
> about this once we have precise requirements.
>
> There are no issues that require the Incubator PMC's or the board's attention.
>
> Signed off by mentor:

Looks good to me. Thanks Bertrand!

--kevan