Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2013/04/09 19:20:08 UTC

I can't help myself

tl;dr

rah-rah hbase dev of late!

(You should probably skip the below because it is just a bunch of small
stuff and probably says more about my limited horizons than it does about
anything else)

Long Version:

First, look at our fix vs close rate:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE

It is going in the 'right' direction for the first time in a long time.

Second, please notice that 0.95 and trunk are now teetering about to go
over to a new state where they pass more often than fail.  Thanks to
nkeywal in particular for his digging, to Andrew for setting up ec2 build
box, and to all folks who have been doing unit test forensics and fixing of
late (Matteo, Jimmy, Ram, Rajesh, etc.).

Third, I am in awe of the volley that went on in this issue in particular:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7824 The quality of the review
and then the receptiveness and reaction of the contributor with the odd
visit by a third party with another POV was a joy to watch.

Fourth, the <24hour turnaround on the release of 0.94.6.1....

... and so on.

Keep up the great work all,
St.Ack