Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Adarsh Sharma <ad...@orkash.com> on 2010/11/18 13:06:41 UTC

Hadoop and Eucalyptus

Dear all,

Does anyone have an experience to configure Hadoop on Eucalyptus.
I googled a lot , but not able to find any useful Link.
Looking forward for some help.

Thanks
Adarsh

RE: Hadoop and Eucalyptus

Posted by Sagar Shukla <sa...@persistent.co.in>.
Hi Adarsh,
    I had done this combination configuration 1 year and half earlier. Only concern was, when an instance crashes and new instance is started for its replacement then retention of HDFS data. We were using SAN/NAS devices to store HDFS data.

Software stack consisted of following software:
OS: Ubuntu 9.04 server
Virtualization: KVM (using Intel-VT drivers)
Application: Eucalyptus, Hadoop, Katta

What more information are you looking for?

Thanks,
Sagar

Does anyone have an experience to configure Hadoop on Eucalyptus.
I googled a lot , but not able to find any useful Link.
Looking forward for some help.

Thanks
Adarsh

DISCLAIMER