Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Michael <jm...@chesterfield.mo.us> on 2001/08/22 01:28:16 UTC

Place JSP anywhere on the web server?

I am having trouble configuring a seemingly simple thing with Apache/Tomcat. I need to be able to place a JSP anywhere in an Apache document directory and have it hand these off to Tomcat when requested. This is default behavior with JRun, for example, but I can't get it working with Apache and Tomcat.

When I place a JSP outside of a Tomcat container, Apache just returns the code of the JSP.

Can anyone give me the magic configuration that allows JSPs to sit anywhere and still be rendered?

Jim

RE: Place JSP anywhere on the web server?

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Hi Jim,

JSPs have no context outside of a "web application" and as such, cannot just
execute from anywhere.  I imagine your question is how to change where a web
app resides on the HD.

This is using the docBase attribute of the Context element in server.xml.

- r