Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com> on 2020/05/22 11:28:53 UTC

KarService Problem

Hi,

Using

     karService#install(karPath.toUri) fails

but copying the kar jar into the deploy folder works.

Can anyone with an inner knowledge of both approaches offer any advice as to possible cause of the
failure of the karService in this case?

Or suggest where I should be looking to find the cause.

Thanks,

Paul Fraser

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Maurice Betzel <m....@gaston-schul.com>.
Of the top of my head it is kar:install File://path.to.kar.file.kar

After kar: do a tab for auto completion and display all options.

-----
if ( you want ) { you can } else { you can't }

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
On a fresh Karaf 4.2.8:

karaf@root()> kar:install mvn:org.apache.karaf.examples/karaf-maven-example-kar/4.2.8/kar
karaf@root()> kar:list
KAR Name
───────────────────────
karaf-maven-example-kar

It seems to work fine.

Now, another test:

karaf@root()> kar:install file:/Users/jbonofre/test.kar
karaf@root()> kar:list
KAR Name
────────
test

It seems good as well.

Did you check your connection and repo access as suggested ?

Can you please send one simple kar to reproduce ?

Regards
JB

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
Thanks JB,

Will do some more investigation.

Paul

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
JB,

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.

================== PLEASE IGNORE...The following is rubbish is Rubbish =================

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
JB,

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
JB,

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
JB,

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
JB,

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Re: KarService Problem

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
Hi,

V 4.2.8
The problem is occuring when the future does not return and no error is thrown in this code-

https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/262343a5f60b29967a3c72a198f6427b5a6bf5e9/features/core/src/main/java/org/apache/karaf/features/internal/service/FeaturesServiceImpl.java#L967

The system just hangs and the console will not respond to ctrl-D, but responds to ctrl-c