Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by James Liao <ji...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/02 10:31:10 UTC

Can not display jetspeed 2 logo.gif when first time access portal home page

All,
I have been working on integrate Jetspeed 2 and Geronimo for a few
weeks(both SVN head). I encountered a problem that jetspeed-logo.gif and
jetspeed-powered.gif can't display when the first time visit portal home
page( http://localhost:8080/jetspeed). Once you navigate to another tab and
then go back to home page, everything is recovered.
I remember I've seen the similar problem in the mail list, but I just can't
find it. Could someone post it for me?

Thanks,

- James Liao

Re: Can not display jetspeed 2 logo.gif when first time access portal home page

Posted by James Liao <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi David(taylor),
Thanks for your respond. It seems that content server cause many problems. I
will bypass this problem for the moment, and keep working on other's
integration issues. I hope I can finish it at the end of this month(I must
say big thanks to David Jencks from geronimo team).

Tasks:

1. Package Jetspeed.war, Demo.war and j2-admin.war in a single EAR and
deploy to geronimo server(tomcat container).  - Done

2. Portal Engine and all the Portlet Applications startup successfully and
run smoothly. - Done

3. Follow the JBoss integration(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-297)
strategy. Encapsulate the Jetspeed security component in a GBean. A new JAAS
LoginModule will retrieve UserManager instance from GBean for
authentication.  - Done but still need clean up and review

4. Code review and clean up. I hope both j2-team and David Jencks could
review it when I finish. - In processing.

5. request.isUserInRole() (This issue is similar as
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-262) still not works. I hope this
issue could be fixed by a correct deploy plan  - In processing.

6. Integrate others portlet applications like jsf.war, rss.war and so on.

7. Contribute to J2.

- Jian Liao

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.