Posted to users@maven.apache.org by tw...@imn.htwk-leipzig.de on 2004/02/11 14:57:28 UTC

dependency

Hello,

following problem:

i have project where any jars currently stored under <projectdir>/lib

Any of the required jars cannot downloaded via url in fact there are not yet released. We have these jars only in the lib-dir of the project.
Now i put following dependency in my project.xml file:
<dependency>
     <groupId>columba</groupId>
     <artifactId>ristretto</artifactId>
     <version>1.0pre1</version>
     <url>file://${basedir}/lib/</url>
</dependency>

But maven dosn't download the ristretto-1.0pre1.jar from the lib -dir into my maven repository.

What can i do? It is a correct url and i don't have any idea how to store the required jars into the users local repository.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks and greetings

Waffel (alias Thomas Wabner)

-------- SIgnature --------
Thomas Wabner
wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
Karl-Liebknechtstrasse 145
04277 Leipzig
HTWK Leipzig

---------------------------
Thomas Wabner
CIO
Ancoso Development GMBH

Re: dependency

Posted by Rico Schäpe <sc...@planet.de>.
Hi Thomas,

see page:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Overriding_Stated_Dependencies

that chapter give you a possibility to overwrite your dependency setting.
Put following in your project.xml file the line's:

maven.jar.override = on
maven.jar.ristretto = ${basedir}/lib/ristretto-1.0pre1.jar

Bye
Rico