Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raajay <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/25 23:30:28 UTC

Cost based optimization

Hello Everyone,

A quick question on the cost-based optimization module in Hive. Does the
latest version support query plan generation with alternate join orders ?

Thanks
Raajay

Re: Cost based optimization

Posted by John Pullokkaran <jp...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for your interest.
Please look in to CalcitePlanner.java, org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.optimizer.calcite.* packages for source files.

Thanks
John

From: Raajay <ra...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 11:59 PM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <us...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Cost based optimization

Awesome! Thanks John.

 I would be grateful if you could point me to the files in the source code, that are primarily responsible for Query Planning.

Thanks,
Raajay

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM, John Pullokkaran <jp...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
Hive does look in to alternate join orders and pick the best plan that minimizes cost.
It uses a greedy algorithm to enumerate plan space.

Thanks
John

Re: Cost based optimization

Posted by Raajay <ra...@gmail.com>.