Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Pontus Strand <Po...@oss.teleca.se> on 2004/12/03 16:47:19 UTC

How to get version information for a file (Newbie Question)

Hi,

I'm still quite new to Slide and haven't grasped all the finer points with
it yet. What I want to do it to get the current version number, author of
the latest version, etc, for a given file. My research has pointed me in the
direction of the "reportMethod", but I just don't get how to use it and
haven't been able to find a good example yet. I'm using a WebdavResource to
connection to the Slide WebDAV repository.

A bit of pseudo code of what I want to do is the following:

------ Code -------

WebdavResource res = getWebdavResource();
HttpURL url = new HttpURL("http://localhost:8080/slide/files/test.txt");
Enumeration enum = res.reportMethod(url, ...);

while (enum.hasMoreElements())
{
}

------ End Code -------

There are two main things I don't get:
1) What should the HttpURL be given the file "test.txt" and that the file is
located under "/slide/files"?

2) The other parameters to the "reportMethod", what should they be?

Have a good weekend!!

Best regards,
Pontus Strand

Re: How to get version information for a file (Newbie Question)

Posted by Cédric <ce...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

 Have you find a solution, because i have same trouble with the reportMethod !
 Thanks a lot.

 CF French.